- 1 in 3 teenagers has experienced violence in a dating relationship.
- In dating violence, one partner tries to maintain power and control over the other through abuse.
- Dating violence can take many forms including psychological and emotional abuse, physical abuse and sexual abuse.
- Teen dating violence most often takes place in the home of one of the partners.
- Both male and female adolescents can be violent with each other in a dating relationship
- Most teens feel it is better to have an abusive partner than no partner at all.
- A recent national survey found that 1 in 11 high-school students said they had been hit, slapped, or physically abused in the past year.
If you need help or information contact us: 812.346.1592